We are! And we have a lot planned for you this summer. Below are some highlights:
- As it has for the past thirty-one years, this year’s Summer Reading Program – that’s SRP from now on – will start with a Turtle Race for ages 4 – 12! That will be on June the 4th, at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. New this year is the parade of turtles, but don’t worry: you don’t have to teach your turtle to walk on a leash (we’ve talked to some turtles and they are very against being walked on a leash.) Instead, bring your child’s trike, bicycle, wagon, or anything else on wheels (non-motorized, please). Decorations optional but encouraged! And of course, bring your turtles – just make sure they’re not snapping turtles, since we want to keep everyone’s fingers intact.
- Through the rest of June and July, we’ll be offering special SRP performances every Tuesday at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. We’ve invited magicians and storytellers and puppeteers and so many others … you’ll just have to show up to see everything we have in store!
- For those already signed up for the Bulldogger’s Club (registration is already closed for this, sorry), they will meet every Monday (starting May 30th) at 2:00 pm for read-alouds from the book The Bulldogger’s Club by Barbara Hay and related events.
- For ages 12-17, make plans to join our Teen SRP and check back here for more details on how to get chances to win a Kindle Fire or an iPod Shuffle. We’ll also be offering some exciting teen programs on Thursdays in July – again, check back soon for more information!
- And for the littlest guys, our 10:00 am Wednesday Toddler Storytime continues throughout the summer.
We hope to see you all many, many times throughout the summer!